I Want to Dispute My Background Check/Consumer Report
To help Accredited Background Checks, Inc. process and investigate your dispute as quickly as possible, please complete the following steps:
- Review the instructions below
- Accurately complete the online Dispute Form that follows
- Submit the Dispute Form along with all requested information/documentation
The Dispute Form will ask you to:
- Provide your identifying and contact information, which will be used for purposes of authenticating your identity and protecting your privacy
- Identify the types of information you are disputing, and then identify the specific report(s) and record(s) you are disputing
- Provide the address you would like the results of our investigation sent to.
You should generally receive the results of the investigation within thirty (30) days of submitting a completed Dispute Form.
Accredited Background Checks, Inc. will promptly investigate the specific information/records that you are disputing. Accredited Background Checks, Inc. also has trained customer service representatives who can work with you if you need assistance identifying the specific information/records that you want to dispute. Upon request, Accredited Background Checks, Inc. also will provide you with a free copy of background check/consumer report(s), which you may request by contacting Customer Service at (800)-555-555. You are entitled to such information by law. If you need assistance identifying the specific information/records that you want to dispute, it may be helpful for you to first request a free copy of background checks/consumer report(s), but it is not necessary for you to do so.